Thank you for your interest in BISU and we look forward to welcoming you to our school
Welcome to BIS Uppsala
A warm welcome from our Admissions Team. Thank you for considering our British International School for your children. We understand the importance of finding the right school for your child or children. We would like to help you make this decision an easy and positive experience.
We are an inclusive non-selective school and welcome applications to our school all year round from students of all abilities. We currently have places available at different year groups.
As a first step please fill out the Online Application and a member of our Admissions Team will contact you as soon as we open the enrolment process.
Our Admissions Process
Complete our Online Application Form. You will be directed to our secure Admissions Portal to register and complete the process.
Ensure you have the following documents ready:
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Latest school report (or a recent drawing if your child is pre-school age)
- All Senior School applications must include a reference form completed by current school. Applications cannot be processed without this form.
An application fee of 2,500 SEK is due at the time of application. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the tuition fees if the student is offered and accepts a place.
After paying the application fee, please submit your application. You will receive an automated response to confirm that it was successfully delivered.
Once a completed application form and the above documents have been received, it is reviewed by relevant senior teaching staff and specialists.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive our offer letter and school contract. Your contract must be signed and returned to the Admissions Office to complete your application.
Whether you think you may be relocating to Sweden in the future, or if you live here already and are just exploring alternatives, we welcome you to contact us. We are happy to help with even the most tentative of enquiries so please do not hesitate to contact us. We will arrange personal tours for parents or families at any point throughout the year.